Strategy and Finance Committee
- To advise the Council on the strategic and financial issues concerning the Association
- To assist Council in the execution of Council policy and financial plans
- To co-ordinate the activities of the Committees of Council
Terms of Reference:
- To identify for Council key issues facing the Association and legal information profession; to advise on policies and to determine objectives to deal with these issues; to present to the Council each year a [3 year] rolling strategy for achieving these objects
- To advise and direct Standing and other Committees in the performance of their functions in support of these policies and objectives and otherwise; to prescribe timetables for action where appropriate
- To review and decide matters arising from the plans or actions of Committees to ensure consistency with the Council’s strategy, policies or financial plans;
- To settle priorities and to take decisions where time does not permit a reference to the Standing Committee directly concerned or the Council; to refer such matters to the next meeting of the Council or Standing Committee concerned
- To assist in planning and controlling the finances of the Association including the drawing up of the Association’s accounts and the recommendations of subscriptions to be charged to members
- To propose an annual budget to Council including the setting of income targets and the monitoring of income and expenditure
- To review the financial plans of Standing Committee’s and any other proposals for expenditure or income and to make recommendations to the Council
- To assist the co-ordination of Council business in co-operation with the Chair and Vice Chair of the Association
- To keep under review all matters concerning the Constitution of the Association; its regulations and standing orders
BIALL committees are in charge of organising activities, events, publications and other products of interest to the BIALL community. Committees help keep BIALL running and find ways to help BIALL support it’s members in the best way possible.
If you are interested in volunteering for a BIALL committee, please see the Nominations & Volunteers Committee page for details of how to do so.
Login in the view member only content
Renate Ní Uigín
President of the Association
Awards and Bursaries Chair
Conference Committee Chair
LIM Editorial Board Chair
PR and Promotions Chair
Professional Development Chair
Supplier Liaison Group Chair
Web Committee Chair
The Foreign and International Law course is jointly run by BIALL and the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (IALS). The aim of the course is to introduce the legal systems of, and sources that can be used to find, public international law, the law of European and...
SLA Europe, BIALL and CLSIG run a joint Graduate and New Professionals Open Day aimed at LIS students and early career professionals. This usually consists of a one day event with a variety of speakers from different sectors of the profession - legal, commercial,...
I encourage all BIALL members who use Companies House documents to fill in this survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/InfoTrack-Companies-House It has been compiled by Infotrack in conjunction with Companies House and the aim is to demonstrate the need for full...