- The Committee coordinates and plans the BIALL Annual Study Conferences. Members of the Committee are responsible for the organisation of the programme, coordination of the exhibition, accommodation and event arrangements. They are assisted by a professional conference company.
Terms of Reference:
- To plan and organise on an annual basis a study conference for members of the Association (the Annual Conference)
- To plan and strategise the development of the Annual Conference over a prospective rolling 5 year period
- To plan and deliver a suitable programme of plenary and parallel sessions for each Annual Conference
- To plan and deliver a suitable trade exhibition for each Annual Conference
- To identify and reserve suitable venues for the location of each Annual Conference on a rolling 3 year basis.
- To finance and budget each Annual Conference to achieve as far as possible a break even or surplus return
- To secure suitable sponsorship and other funding for each Annual Conference
- To promote and publicise each Annual Conference
- To manage all arrangements and logistics for each Annual Conference in conjunction with a professional conference company.
- To arrange and manage a range of suitable accommodation for delegates to each Annual Conference
- To provide details and booking arrangements for each Annual Conference on the BIALL website
BIALL committees are in charge of organising activities, events, publications and other products of interest to the BIALL community. Committees help keep BIALL running and find ways to help BIALL support it’s members in the best way possible.
If you are interested in volunteering for a BIALL committee, please see the Nominations & Volunteers Committee page for details of how to do so.
Login in the view member only content
Renate Ní Uigín
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the recent survey about the Annual Conference. The Conference Committee are now analysing the feedback and starting work on our plans for 2019 and beyond. As we are usually working well in advance of a conference,...
In three weeks, on Friday 8th June, BIALL will be holding its 2018 AGM as part of the Birmingham Conference. This is the only part of the Conference where there is added security to ensure that no-one who is not a BIALL member gets in, so it must be the most exciting...
Travelling to this year's conference at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole is easy whether you are arriving by road, air or rail! Road The hotel is only minutes from Junction 6 of the M42 and parking is available at the Hilton Air From Birmingham Airport take the free...