Professional Development Committee
- To promote and support the continuing professional development of Members in conformity with the strategic objectives of the Council
Terms of Reference:
- To monitor the continuing professional development needs of members, and canvass opinion on suitable topics for courses and other events.
- To offer training courses, seminars, meetings and visits which contribute to the professional development of Members. [Our most popular training courses are the Legal Reference Materials Course and the Legal Foundations Course.]
- To liaise with the Conference Committee, and assist with arrangements for speakers and events where required.
- To maintain awareness of developments in education and training; wherever possible ensuring that training which is organised for the legal profession meets appropriate curricula, delivery methods and standards of attainment.
- To promote initiatives for widening Members’ professional experience, such as staff exchange schemes.
The Committee also organises social events for members, including the BIALL Quiz Night and BIALL Social Evening (formerly the Cheese and Wine Evening).
If you are interested in volunteering for a BIALL committee, please see the Nominations & Volunteers Committee page for details of how to do so.
Legal Foundations Course 2018/19
Please see our Training page for more details.
Applications now open. Please fill out our online booking form to apply for a place on the course.
BIALL Bursaries are also available for this course, for more details and to apply see the Other Bursaries section of the Bursaries page.
If you have any questions about this course please contact Sean Barr email@example.com
Login in the view member only content
Renate Ní Uigín
The BIALL salary survey 2018 is now live. This survey is a key benchmark for comparing salaries in the legal information sector. As such this relies on as many in the sector as possible contributing their information to this. There is no need to reveal your name or...
BIALL are pleased to announce an evening talk on how the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), coming into force at the end of May, will affect law libraries: what you need to know, what you need to do, and how you can best prepare for and work within the new...
Tickets are now available for the annual BIALL Quiz in aid of the Wallace Breem Fund and Cogwheel Trust International, to be held at the Penderel’s Oak pub on Wednesday, 14th March. They are priced at £12 each for BIALL members and £18 for non-members. The price...