PR & Promotions Committee
- To promote the work of BIALL to its membership and the wider information community
- To co-ordinate the official response of BIALL on any matter affecting the interests of its membership
Terms of Reference:
- To promote and develop the publicity mechanisms of BIALL
- To build on the current promotional activities and recommend additional avenues of promoting BIALL
- To maintain awareness of current trends and respond appropriately on BIALL’s behalf
- To participate in lobbying as necessary
- To develop and foster relationships with the media, including building and maintaining the list of media contacts and collecting media pieces about BIALL for the BIALL archives
- To proactively promote BIALL in the media
- To promote the legal information profession
- To develop and sustain relationships with other organisations, including overseas organisations
- To ensure that attention is given to coverage in all the jurisdictions of the British Isles
- To ensure that all promotional processes and contacts are adequately recorded for passing on to future Committee members.
The PR and Promotions Committee will consider lobbying on issues which are raised by members.
If you feel there is an issue which would benefit from the involvement of the Committee, please provide further details via the online form.
BIALL committees are in charge of organising activities, events, publications and other products of interest to the BIALL community. Committees help keep BIALL running and find ways to help BIALL support it’s members in the best way possible.
If you are interested in volunteering for a BIALL committee, please see the Nominations & Volunteers Committee page for details of how to do so.
Login in the view member only content
Loyita Worley is the recipient of the 2018 Wildy BIALL Law Librarian of the Year Award. 11 June 2018 For immediate release The British and Irish Association of Law Librarians (BIALL) has awarded the BIALL Wildy BIALL Law Librarian of the Year...
Legal Action is the recipient of the 2018 BIALL Legal Journals Award. 11 June 2018 For immediate release The British and Irish Association of Law Librarians (BIALL) has awarded the BIALL Legal Journals Award 2018 to Legal Action. The award was...
BIALL, CLSIG and SLA Europe are pleased to invite new professionals, graduate trainees, early career librarians and students to their joint Graduate Open Day at CILIP HQ. The day is kindly sponsored by specialist recruitment agencies CB Resourcing and Sue Hill/TFPL...