- The Committee coordinates and plans the BIALL Annual Study Conferences. Members of the Committee are responsible for the organisation of the programme, coordination of the exhibition, accommodation and event arrangements. They are assisted by a professional conference company.
Terms of Reference:
- To plan and organise on an annual basis a study conference for members of the Association (the Annual Conference)
- To plan and strategise the development of the Annual Conference over a prospective rolling 5 year period
- To plan and deliver a suitable programme of plenary and parallel sessions for each Annual Conference
- To plan and deliver a suitable trade exhibition for each Annual Conference
- To identify and reserve suitable venues for the location of each Annual Conference on a rolling 3 year basis.
- To finance and budget each Annual Conference to achieve as far as possible a break even or surplus return
- To secure suitable sponsorship and other funding for each Annual Conference
- To promote and publicise each Annual Conference
- To manage all arrangements and logistics for each Annual Conference in conjunction with a professional conference company.
- To arrange and manage a range of suitable accommodation for delegates to each Annual Conference
- To provide details and booking arrangements for each Annual Conference on the BIALL website
BIALL committees are in charge of organising activities, events, publications and other products of interest to the BIALL community. Committees help keep BIALL running and find ways to help BIALL support it’s members in the best way possible.
If you are interested in volunteering for a BIALL committee, please see the Nominations & Volunteers Committee page for details of how to do so.
Login in the view member only content
Renate Ní Uigín
Hurry, hurry, hurry - the closing date for the early bird registration for the BIALL conference #BIALL2018 is fast approaching. You need to register by Friday 20th April 2018 to be eligible for the reduced fees. This year's theme is Designing our future: debate,...
The 11th Nordic Law Librarians Conference will be held in Reykjavik Iceland on the 23 - 24 of August this year. The theme of the conference is Europe - Transparency – Justice. The keynote speaker at this years's conference is Ian Thomson, who for many years was...
The BIALL Conference Committee has launched the Call for Papers for the 2018 Conference which will be held at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole, on Thursday 7th – Saturday 9th June 2018. Our theme for 2018 is Designing our future: debate, develop, deliver. We are...