This is a 9-12 month Fixed Term Contract will a salary range of £35,000 – £40,000.
- To provide professional support to our clients ensuring that they receive consistently excellent services within agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Contribute to the delivery a ‘front desk’/‘one stop shop’ for all CMS and shared library and research requests including legal research, business research, hard copy requests, journal requests, current awareness and know-how requests and training:
- Answering a range of legal and business research requests, from quick requests for cases, legislation and basic company information to more in depth analysis of legal developments or sector analysis to support pitch documents or other marketing activities.
- Providing advice on self-service solutions for simpler enquiries, calling on the resources available via the portal.
- Capturing knowledge from requests for future use.
- Ensuring that complex or strategic research is presented in a professional manner.
- Create daily current awareness bulletins (case summaries, legislation, technical, press releases, article summaries), load content to Knowledge System, distribute content by email (rota basis).
- Deliver KRS training to lawyers, trainees and new joiners (Webex and in person).
Client Service Objectives
- Serve as the primary client interface for the KRS team.
- Understand and adopt the principles of acting as a professional service provider.
- Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of processes.
- Promote a culture of mutual understanding through effective communication both within Integreon and with our clients.
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (with flexibility as required to meet deadlines). 9am – 5pm and 10am – 6pm as required.
- Providing cover for the CMS Dedicated Gatekeeper role on a rota basis
- Research using traditional printed materials, commercial electronic sources as well as the internet.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective management of workflow of requests to the enquiries desk using the workflow tool agreed to ensure all requests are handled by the right person in the team and then delivered back to the client within service level agreements:
- Standardise output and insert a layer of Quality Control.
- Providing daily current awareness services including press alerts using relevant resources both commercial and freely available.
- Maintaining information on the CMS knowledge system, creating pages, supporting the Practice Group pages and the team pages.
- Contributing to the shared team knowledge bank as appropriate.
- Training – legal research using range of information resources including internal and external databases as well as traditional hard copy.
- An understanding and awareness of copyright licensing requirements.
- Specific projects as required.
Personal Success Characteristics
- Communication and listening skills – ability to articulate positions/opinions clearly, effectively and objectively.
- High level of attention to detail
- Punctual and time-sensitive
- Remain calm under pressure and work effectively with UK professionals
- Team player
- Problem solving – anticipate and resolve problems before they happen.
- Interpersonal skills – develops and maintains effective professional relationships internally and externally.
- Technically competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Research-oriented and lateral-thinking mind set
- Flexibility – ability to adapt to changed responsibilities and new situations.
- Client focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Creativity – has new, creative and unique ideas to problems. Encourages the creative initiatives of others.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in Information Service is essential, preferably in a legal or business commercial environment.
- Experience of undertaking research and/or answering enquiries.
- Knowledge of key business research databases and an excellent ability to search across publicly available sources, and, the ability to use and review core internal data sources.
- Experience of various legal data sources, such as databases containing cases and articles (e.g. via Westlaw and Lexis Nexis), identifying statues and regulations and identifying recent EU legislation.
- A degree or post-graduate qualification in Information and Library Management, or Information Science is essential.
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to fully exploit existing resources.
- Excellent understanding of information & knowledge resources, databases and associated technology.
Closing date: 1 April 2018
Click on the button and send a CV & a short supporting statement as to why you are interested in this role.
To apply for this job email your details to Talentuk@integreon.com