Role: To support the Information Services Manager
Current awareness and monitoring alerts
- Checking daily email updates and journals and emailing relevant articles to fee-earners.
- Updating current awareness repositories.
- Scanning contents pages of journals to fee-earners upon request.
- Setting up alerts on Westlaw UK including journal distribution lists.
- Managing the circulation lists.
- Loose leafing – ensuring all new updates are filed correctly.
- Checking in journals to the Library Management System (Soutron) and sending out on circulation where required.
- Maintain physical library space e.g. shelving, tidying, archiving, labelling etc.
- Assist with administration related to joiner/leaver processes e.g. updating of distribution lists etc.
- Update the Library Management System – including adding new books, archiving and setting up new serials.
- Development, maintenance and editing of the intranet, and other know how systems.
- Updating and adding precedents to know how systems.
- Attending practice group and other meetings to understand areas where Information Services can add value and contribute to the practice groups.
- Contributing to the Information Services knowledge bank as appropriate.
- Assisting in the implementation of knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Assist with research and enquiries as required both legal and business, and any other requests for information.
Assisting with the provision of training and inductions
- Updating induction material.
- Supporting fee-earners and others in the use of information sources. Includes helping to provide training in the use of online databases including Lexis, Practical Law and Westlaw UK. This may include delivering one to one training sessions or group training in a classroom environment.
- Assist with the delivery of induction training.
- Maintain user guides/training materials (hardcopy and online).
- Assisting the Information Services Manager with ad hoc work including project work.
- Promoting Information Services within the firm.
- Ideally from an information service background who is keen to build a career in the legal information sector.
- IT – excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Computer literate and comfortable using mobile technology (tablets, smartphones etc.)
- Ability to use own initiative and proactive
- Positive and enthusiastic demeanour
- Flexible and helpful.
- Client focused with an ability to organise and manage work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
Closing Date: 4 August 2017
To Apply: Click on the link and send your CV with a covering email/letter to the listed email address
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org