Professional Development Committee
- To promote and support the continuing professional development of Members in conformity with the strategic objectives of the Council
Terms of Reference:
- To monitor the continuing professional development needs of members, and canvass opinion on suitable topics for courses and other events.
- To offer training courses, seminars, meetings and visits which contribute to the professional development of Members. [Our most popular training courses are the Legal Reference Materials Course and the Legal Foundations Course.]
- To liaise with the Conference Committee, and assist with arrangements for speakers and events where required.
- To maintain awareness of developments in education and training; wherever possible ensuring that training which is organised for the legal profession meets appropriate curricula, delivery methods and standards of attainment.
- To promote initiatives for widening Members’ professional experience, such as staff exchange schemes.
The Committee also organises social events for members, including the BIALL Quiz Night and BIALL Social Evening (formerly the Cheese and Wine Evening).
If you are interested in volunteering for a BIALL committee, please see the Nominations & Volunteers Committee page for details of how to do so.
Legal Foundations Course 2017/18
Please see our Training page for more details.
Applications now open. Please fill out our online booking form to apply for a place on the course.
BIALL Bursaries are also available for this course, for more details and to apply see the Other Bursaries section of the Bursaries page.
Login in the view member only content
Renate Ní Uigín
Have you ever wondered if you’re being paid the market rate for the job you do? Are you getting the same benefits as other people doing the same job as you? Do you need some hard facts to back up a salary review? If the answer to any of these questions is ‘Yes’,...
A working group of representatives from employers in the library and information sector have confirmed that they will look to develop new apprenticeship standards with support from CILIP and other key sector bodies. To assist with setting priorities and to demonstrate...
The BIALL Publications Committee is delighted to inform the membership that a new edition of the Legal Research Training Packs are now available. These packs include a series of legal and business questions along with the answer and suggested research methodology.The...